Sunday, March 19, 2006

March Madness

I've said it before, probably on this very blog, that this is my second favorite time of the year (behind the start of football season, of course).  The NCAA Men's basketball tournament reminds me each year of why I love sports, and, more specifically, college athletics.  Each year some tiny team from some tiny college in some tiny town shocks the sports world and pulls off an upset of a highly ranked team.  This year has not dissapointed, with several upsets taking place in the first two rounds of the tournament.  My Texas Longhorns, a two seed, have earned their way into the "Sweet 16" by virtue of their two wins against Penn and North Carolina State.  Unfortunately, if they win their next game they will probably have to face Duke, which pasted them earlier in the year.  Regardless of how they do the rest of the way, this is one of the best times  of the year to be a sports fan.  I just hope the rest of the tournament will be as good as this first weekend has been.

No comments: