Thursday, January 05, 2006

Finally

I've been an avid University of Texas fan as long as I have been cognizant of sports. Last night, in the greatest game my eyes have witnessed, Vince Young, in the greatest individual performance I have witnessed, beat USC to claim the National Championship. I have been waiting for this moment for around 20 years. Needless to say, I was as excited about a sporting event as I ever have been. When I was a teenager the Dallas Cowboys were just beginning their run in the early 90's. I hadn't been as pumped up about a game since the '92 SuperBowl. Honestly, my enthusiasm and excitement for sports in general has been fading as I've gotten older. Last night, however, made me feel like a young man again. Amazing what a silly game can do to some peoples' psyches.

No comments: